Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My Guilty Pleasures

*Sorry I've been away for so long! I promise I will try and get better over the next few weeks. Honestly, I just haven't been in the mood to blog (or really use social media) lately. However, I am getting back into the swing of expressing myself for all to see!*

So, I have to say first and foremost I have an addiction to products. It doesn't even matter what type of product either. I actually have about 10 products I need to review, so this weekend I will be super busy getting down and dirty with these yummy goodies, blogging, and possibly even making a few videos (finally)! 

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: my guilty pleasures... Here I will list my absolute favorite products from head to toe! Hope you enjoy.

Well, I didn't really know where to start; so we will start with my favorite hair products: 

So, I try many products to see how they work with my hair texture and I really find myself running back to Jane Carters Solution Hydrating-Invigorating-Shampoo over and over again. Now, that's not to say I don't like other brands because I do, but this is definitely my go-to product. 



 Naturally, after shampooing I need to condition my hair. While I know I have many favorites, Giovanni Cosmetics Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner makes me want to marry it! HAHA. Seriously, this leaves my hair feeling silky and NOT tangled.


Moving on to my face! So, I know I talk about using "natural" products and my volcanic ash; but I always find a way to use my St. Ives Naturally Clear Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub. I used to use it all the time, and never had issues with acne; then I started to experiment... Needless to say, that experimenting leaves my face not so clear. 



Now, before you jump on my about this one, coconut oil can fight acne, delay wrinkles, combats dry skin/eczema/dermatitis/psoriasis/skin infections, prevents premature aging, and other diseases and ailments due to the antioxidant and  anti-fungal properties.  I try to stick with organic coconut oil, and recently I have fallen in love with the Dr. Bronner's Fair Trade and Organic Fresh Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil. Now, you can use this on your entire body, but I only use it on my face. 





While I don't wear makeup often, but when I do I tend to use Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation. I love how this foundation is light and blends so easily. I can wear it all day, and sometimes I forget that I have it on. Pretty good for a drugstore find!



Lips have become the latest craze, and while I have yet to see the hype in some more popular brands of lip balms; this one right here works for me! I love the tingling feeling I get when I use this, and how my lips feel smooth and awesome for some hours after use. Nivea USA actually has an awesome line of lip products and although they are a little bit more than your Carmex or Blistex, I think it is worth the extra dollar. 

Now let me reiterate, I do not wear makeup often; but this lipstick is so everyday! The good people over at MAC have a matte color called Honeylove, it's a nude color that is so simple yet perfect for day or night. Now, I suggest you try it on before you buy it, just because it is nude, doesn't mean it works for every complexion. 




When it comes to soap, I actually have two favorites that I can't live without. Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Pure Castile Soap and Nubian Heritage African Black Soap. So, I alternate between the two, I love the black soap because it has pieces of oat in it that help exfoliate the skin, and the peppermint soap makes you all tingly on the outside. However, they tend to leave your skin a little on the dry side. 


My next skin related guilty pleasure is the Butters-N-Bars Organic Mango Butter. I don't know where to start with this stuff. It leaves your skin feeling silky smooth and lasts all day! I have to thank Mama Naturalista for introducing me to this amazing-ness in a container. I generally use it after I get out the shower and my skin is still a little damp, and you can just feel it working. Definitely a great buy if you have dry skin. 

The last skin related guilty pleasure is the Sydelle Cosmetics Pampered Pits deodorant. I was first introduced to this line at an event by Dr. Andrene Taylor of Zuri Works, and at first I was skeptical about a natural deodorant. I tried it and I broke out! However, they are coming out with a line that doesn't have baking soda  (for those who are allergic, like me) and I must say I wouldn't go back to regular deodorant ever! It smells amazing and at the end of the day (even after working out) your armpits still smell pretty decent! Head on over to try a sample, they start at $1! 


My bonus guilty pleasure has to be Yogi Products Organic Teas! With the inspirational quotes, great flavors, and a tea for just about anything you need, besides loose tea, this is my absolute favorite brand! As I typed this blog, I sipped on the Skin DeTox tea. Try a bag on them! head on over to their site and get a free sample. 







xoxo, 
DeMetria

No comments:

Post a Comment